Overview of the Aveng Community Investment Trust

The Aveng Community Investment Trust was established in 2005 following the empowerment transaction entered into by Aveng. Aveng has committed to investing 1% of headline earnings into CSI activities. Of this funding, 75% is allocated to the Aveng Community Investment Trust and the remaining 25% apportioned to the operating groups to disburse as deemed appropriate.

In order to seek deepest impact with the funding available, the Aveng Community Investment Trust has carefully selected flagship projects that align with the business, demonstrate developmental best practice, are scalable and sustainable. Focus areas not only resonate with government’s national priorities but with the mission of Aveng and the pressing needs of the broader infrastructure arena.

A deliberate focus on high impact projects has provide guidance in project selection – the intent to make the greatest impact possible with the funding available.